BEEF, BACON, AND LIVER BURGER
Mom told you to eat liver, and now so am I! Organ meat is truly a super food.
This easy recipe comes courtesy of my friend Danny Vega, my partner in the Keto Muscle Intelligence program. It’s a simple mix of grassfed beef, bacon, and beef liver – cooked with your favorite spices, and the right bacon:liver ratio, you have a delicious and super-charged burger that the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef (10% off your order from Belcampo with the code BPAK10)
- 1 lb chicken or beef liver
- 20 oz lb bacon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (15% off your order of the best quality salt with code INTELLIGENCE)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Whatever spices you like, to taste (I like a little garlic powder and cumin)
- Chop raw liver and bacon
- Add beef, bacon, and liver to food processor and add spices
- Pulse until combined
- Mixture will be slightly sticky so you will want to wet your hands before shaping the patties
- Shape the mixture into four 4-inch wide patties
- Cook/grill patties (I use olive oil for the cooking fat but you can use butter, tallow, ghee) until it reaches your desired doneness
- Enjoy (on its own, in a gluten free bun or in a lettuce wrap; I like to add avocado and an lightly fried egg).
WHY THIS RECIPE ROCKS: It tastes amazing, and eases you into getting more organ meat into your diet. Organ meat is some of the most nutrient dense food in the world, and I highly recommend a few servings every week.
If you try this recipe for yourself, tag me @bpakfitness and @ketomuscleintelligence on Instagram so we can see how they turned out!