This week’s Q&A is an international one, with Ben reporting from his villa in Bali and Ashleigh back in icy Canada! We get to hear about where Ben is staying, the beautiful time he has been having and his hopes for further trips and camps in Bali in the near future! Ben and Ash then dive into some questions from social media, with Ben sharing his favorite holiday spot to take his kids, skepticism on the debate around protein, and why thinking about food too much is a waste of time and energy. The idea of optimal note-taking is also covered, with Ash and Ben sharing their strategies for best learning practices while listening to podcasts.
Ben makes a strong argument for a good life being reliant on muscle and strength and the three different parts of exercise that need attention. The episode ends off with some thoughts on fasting and caloric deficits, and why stressing your body can lead to greater failure.
Plus, don’t forget to check out Ben’s favorite grassfed collagen and powdered MCT, which comes from BUBS Naturals, a company making just a few extremely high-quality products and giving back a whopping 10% of their sales to charity. Their powdered collagen and MCT is the perfect addition to your coffee every morning. Use the code INTELLIGENCE for a full 20% off your purchase at bubsnaturals.com
- The amazing time Ben has been having in Bali for the last week! [0:47]
- Possible retreats and Muscle Camps in Bali in the future! [4:18]
- The best place Ben has taken his kids on vacation and what made it so great. [5:26]
- Ideas for note-taking while listening to this and other interesting podcasts! [7:14]
- Ben’s skepticism around the current debates on mTOR and AMPK. [12:20]
- How muscle and quality of life are intimately linked, and three approaches to exercise. [15:55]
- Perspectives that wasting time and energy on food can hold you back. [19:33]
- Cookie-cutter behaviors and why sexier always sells more, even when less healthy. [22:41]
- The multiple-level effects of living in a caloric deficit and the importance of sleep. [23:35]
Related Links/Products Mentioned