Welcome back to another Q&A session! Today on the show, Ben and Ashleigh focus on one of the six pillars of health that we often talk about on Muscle Intelligence. Managing stress is often overlooked but it might just be the primary foundation for all wellness and fitness. Ben makes the argument that you really have to address stress and how you manage it before you can start worrying about other areas and factors such as diet and training. Stress relates to so much around us, sleep, environment, cognitive patterns — it’s all connected! If we can start by getting good rest and allowing our body’s nervous system to naturally ebb and flow, we can lay the building blocks for a healthy body and mind and prepare for much bigger goals. The conversation covers our relationship to our environment, factors such as light, EMF’s, temperature, meditation, breathing, and posture. We also talk about shifting mindsets to allow an enjoyment of healthy practices to grow, instead of dreading them. At the end of the show, Ben makes a powerful argument for gratitude and how this can enable you to change your life every day.
A quick reminder to check out BLUblox for amazing blue-blocking glasses, something we love here at Muscle Intelligence! Use the code ‘muscle’ at checkout for a 15% discount when you visit blublox.com/muscleintelligence!
- Creating our environment rather than passively absorbing it. [4:55]
- Ben’s choice for blue light blocking glasses and why he insists on wearing them. [10:27]
- Post-competition habits and destroying a body after a show due to stress. [14:30]
- Addressing the right levers at the right time; the key to shedding body fat. [21:15]
- Starting with breathing and posture and helping the nervous system get on track. [23:13]
- The huge benefits of ten minutes of meditation every day. [29:49]
- Finding ways to enjoy healthy practices and shifting perspectives. [32:27]
- Mindfulness, gratitude and building these habit into a daily routine! [38:03]
Related Links/Products Mentioned