Muscle Building Month wouldn’t be complete without hearing from one of my longtime mentors and friends, Tom Purvis. I call him “The Yoda of Resistance Training,” and you’ll know why by the end of this episode.
Tom Purvis has been teaching personal trainers around the world for over 30 years. A primary focus of Tom’s work has been Exercise Mechanics since 1986 when he began researching & teaching.
Tom also exhibits a quality that I have found to be hugely important within my own journeys of fitness, coaching, and personal development: the ability to question your beliefs, and to challenge your thinking.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- How to truly challenge muscles, not just lift weights.
- What it takes to master skills, before working hard.
- A framework for addressing progression.
- Why improper mechanics are so commonplace.
- Plus…the ONE thing you might just be missing in your own training, or as a coach.
Learn more about Tom:
- rts123.com – Live classes with Tom
- exerciseprofessional.com – Tom’s video course platform
Organifi offers juice and adaptogenic blend powders, as well as supplements to support immunity, digestion, and detoxification. Everything is certified glyphosate residue free, 100% organic, and free of all major food allergens.
The RED is my recommendation to enhance nitric oxide production, blood flow, and men’s sexual function. The GREEN is a fantastic nutritional catch-all to balance your energy and detoxify your body. The GOLD is my favorite nighttime blend; with adaptogenic mushrooms and turmeric to combat inflammation and promote rest (it also tastes phenomenal!).
Head over to organifi.com/muscle and shop with code MUSCLE to get 20% off now!