How does being sore after a workout contribute to your success? How can you utilize eccentric loading and isometric training for hypertrophy? Plus… will glycogen depletion hinder anabolic signaling?
Today’s episode debunks the many myths and misnomers of building muscle. We are joined by Dr. Brad Schoenfeld, a renowned fitness expert, who is widely regarded as one of the leading authorities on body composition training.
Dr. Brad Schoenfeld’s PhD thesis focused on clarifying the mechanisms of muscle hypertrophy, and their applications to resistance training; he is also a lifelong drug-free bodybuilder. Both muscle-building fanatics and novices have a lot to gain from Dr. Schoenfeld’s expertise.
- What causes muscle soreness and how much is TOO much.
- How to balance heavy lifting with health and wellness.
- When to utilize full vs partial ROM in your training.
- How to maximize hypertrophy in the isometric, concentric, and eccentric movement phases.
- The ONE guaranteed driver of muscle growth.
Studies mentioned in this episode:
Learn more from Dr. Brad Schoenfeld:
- Science and Development of Muscle Hypertrophy
- All books by Dr. Schoenfeld
- Instagram @bradschoenfeldphd
A special offer to celebrate Muscle Building Month: pick up my 5 body part guides for free at https://muscleintelligence.com/bodypart
Thank you to today’s sponsor, BiOptimizers MassZymes!
MassZymes are the best protein-digesting enzyme on the market. You are what you digest and assimilate (not what you eat!) and MassZymes can help you absorb up to 3x more protein. MassZymes are also helpful for recovery, as Bromelain, a key enzyme in the formula, is an anti-inflammatory compound. Head to masszymes.com/muscle and use code MUSCLE10 to get 10% off and MORE!