Today we are doing another Q&A session where Ashleigh steps into the host seat and grills Ben about diet, training, meat and more! Most of the episode is spent discussing Ben’s recent forays into the carnivore diet and what worked and what did not, in his experience.
We also talk about Ben’s favorite and least favorite things to do in the gym and why he always gravitated towards the exercises that left him feeling the most dead afterward. Ben makes the argument that your attitude towards an area of your body or certain extensions and engagements can determine a lot of the outcome. If you you approach certain things with joy, you will most probably enjoy them more!
Ben expands on his dietary experiments, why he missed avocado while on the carnivore diet, and the big role that seafood and olive oil plays in his and his family’s meals. He also explains the different effects he felt during his stint of eating meat exclusively and why he advocates periods of carnivorous and keto-based eating throughout the year.
We finish off with a surprising answer to the question of a last meal, that you are not going to want to miss, so make sure to join us today on the Muscle Intelligence Podcast!
- The best exercises are the ones that hurt the most! [1:19]
- Ben’s experiences with a trying out a carnivore diet recently. [6:13]
- Seafood, eggs, avocado and olive oil; why they are essential to Ben’s diet. [12:25]
- Mood, energy and digestion during the carnivore experiment. [14:39]
- Why Ben believes everyone should be cycling in and out of diets through the year. [20:29]
- Everyone’s body is different and not everything is for everyone. [21:17]
- Ben’s choice of last meal! [24:41]