Joining us today is one of the most forward-thinking coaches in the world! Joel Jamieson has trained elite MMA fighters, Navy SEALS, and worked for some of the largest fitness brands in the world. Joel was a pioneer in using HRV to evaluate training and recovery in his athletes and over the past several years has worked on developing tech that gives the average person access to this advanced analysis. In this episode Joel walks us through evaluating your recovery based on HRV, explains the energy production systems behind HRV and how you can start improving your HRV.
Here are 5 ways I’m helping 100,000+ people build a body they love right now.
- Mi40 Foundation – 4X gains for 40 days. Over 100,000 copies sold and once the nr. 1 training program on the Internet – no joke. Start here if you’re new to Intelligent training.
- Mi40 Xtreme v2.0 – The best workout of your life. University-backed protocol adds 13lbs more muscle over “mainstream” training. Study 1. Study 2. Real life results.
The first and only CEP training program on the Internet.
- The Incredible Bulk – My personal training and nutrition protocol for gaining muscle all year long without getting fat. Used by my clients to add up to 14 lbs of new muscle in 4 weeks, or even 30lbs in 12 weeks.
- (NEW) Hypertrophy Execution Mastery – The first and only online masterclass showing you how to train for YOUR body mechanics (rather than against it). Avoid pains and injuries. Fix lagging muscles. 1000+ customers, 100+ testimonials.
Free 4-month trial of Mi40 Nation worth $228 included.
- Mi40 Nation – the all-inclusive membership for those who #demandexcellence.
Join 40,000+ members who are taking a holistic approach to building a body they love.
Have a Mi40 story to share?
Transformations, big and small. Inside and out. I want to know all about how Mi40 has impacted your life.
Email email@example.com with all the saucy details, plot twists, numbers, and photos.
By sending us your Mi40 stories, you agree to help us promote the Muscle Intelligence movement.
And to let us use your stories publicly to show the world how we #demandexcellence.
- What is he currently excited about? [4:16]
- What type of athletes does he find benefit most from guiding their training with these heart rate zones? [8:10]
- An overview of HRV (heart rate variability) and its impact on balancing the two halves of the autonomic nervous system. [10:08]
- How HRV is impacting energy systems and how are those energy systems impacting how we are training? [15:25]
- How does Morpheus start to dictate the volume of aerobic training? At what point does it become a negative thing? [17:20]
- Can one use HRV to determine and decipher how they should be training? [19:29]
- How does he use HRV to determine his athlete’s nutrition? [24:35]
- Why there are only so many calories your body can burn in a given day. [27:45]
- What are some of his top parasympathetic interventions? [30:36]
- Does he have any practices that he advocates to his athletes? [35:06]
- How much does he manipulate intra-workout variables in regards to nutrition? [38:17]
- The argument against IIFYM (if it fits your macros). [41:40]
- His universal macro profile approach. [46:18]
- Any particular foods that he gravitates to increase performance? [47:20]
- Does he give his athlete’s any strategies in regards to their psychological well-being and mindset? [48:56]
- How does he eat on a daily basis? [50:35]
- Does he have any interventions to improve sleep? [51:35]
- What supplements does he recommend or take? [55:48]
- How 1/3 people are going to die from cardiovascular disease and the important steps to take NOW to combat this. [59:00]
- Joel Jamieson (@coachjoeljamieson) • Instagram