Ben has recently landed in Dubai to kick off his latest Muscle Camp and today Ashleigh catches up with him to see how it has all been going. This year’s Muscle Camps are being run by Ben and his good friend Miloš Šarčev, and together they are assembling a program designed to change not just bodies but lives. Milos will be heading up the muscle-building part of the workshop and Ben’s contribution sets out to biohack the body’s internal system to achieve better performance in the gym but also outside of it.
Today he talks about the six pillars responsible for achieving this optimized state: movement, breath, sleep, diet, thought, and environment, and how he will be doubling down on them for this year’s iterations of the camps. The skills that can be learned in workouts have the power to rewire the brain, and therefore augment new neural pathways to help people manage anxiety, fear, and many other challenges faced in daily life. We also hear Ben talk about being on stage today, and how familiarity with material plays into one’s confidence levels, but what visualization can do to help manage stage fright. Our host gets into some of the healthy habits he has been practicing since landing in Dubai and gives a few teasers about what is in store at the next Muscle Camp in Australia too, so make sure you catch this one.
Today’s episode was sponsored by BUBS Naturals, the best MCT and collagen supplement around. Go to bubsnaturals.com and use the code ‘intelligence’ to get 20% off while the deal is still in effect.
- Biohacking the body’s internal environment using Ben’s six pillars. [1:05]
- The six pillars: movement, breath, sleep, diet, thought, and environment. [3:03]
- Ben’s experiences in Dubai, with Milos, and his aim to change lives in his camps. [5:00]
- Workout, diet, and sleep routines Ben practiced after landing in Dubai. [6:42]
- Public speaking nerves and Ben’s presentation at the Health Optimization Summit. [10:19]
- Beating pre-performance nerves by imagining somebody watching feeling inspired. [13:17]
- Camp demographics and moving from workouts to a more holistic theme this year. [14:08]
- The idea that good form can increase workout effectiveness significantly. [16:39]
- Requirements around tailoring exercise to fit different body mechanics. [18:18]
- How one’s strongest muscles cause exercises not to affect areas they mean to. [19:31]
- Using mindful exercise practices to achieve a more holistic state of being. [20:41]
- Recurring questions unrelated to fitness that crop up at Ben’s camps. [22:50]
- How Ben uses workouts to train people to deal with anxiety, inadequacy, and more. [23:17]
- Exciting features in the upcoming Australia camp designed to change your life. [26:01]
- The secret ingredient in Ben’s intelligence coffees: BUBS Naturals. [26:53]
Related Links/Products Mentioned