Ben is in Colombia busy planning out his 2020, working on course content and mentoring programs, thinking about new hires and taking care of the business management side of things. While in reflection mode, he tells listeners what they need to be successful in the fitness business, and it involves a lot more than just being physically fit yourself. It’s a business and requires all the related knowledge just like any other.
Ashley and Ben switch to talking about waist size and the healthy and unhealthy ways of becoming trimmer in this area, and here’s a hint: waist trainers might not be all they crack up to be. For those in the bodybuilding world, it’s important to know that you do not need to overeat at every meal as it impacts negatively on your ability to control your abdomen and your diaphragm. Ben shares three key strategies for getting your waist smaller – and it’s contrary to many popular beliefs. Be sure to tune in to find out what those are!
Also, check out our awesome show sponsor chiliTechnology and use the code ‘musclesleep‘ at checkout for a discount!
- The challenge of hiring the right people and Ben’s mission and vision for 2020. [1:33]
- What you need to establish and be successful in a fitness business of your own. [3:16]
- The value of Ben’s annual planning, goal-setting and reflection getaways. [5:11]
- Ben’s calf size in his bodybuilding days and crucial advice for all physique athletes. [9:00]
- The physical repercussions of your stomach always being overfull as a bodybuilder. [11:32]
- Three things Ben did to get a small waist, including adjusting the size and frequency of meals. [14:23]
- The benefits of breathing into and learning to control your diaphragm. [16:34]
- Why you might want to rethink a waist trainer and the role of the diaphragm in trunk stability. [19:41]
- Thoughts on exercises that can help trim rather than widen your midsection. [24:37]
- How bodybuilders can go about rectifying an ab separation while still working hard. [28:28]
Related Links/Products Mentioned