In this episode, Ashleigh is back to ask Ben another round of questions and discuss all things health, fitness and getting your mind right. Today’s questions cover bulking, calorie intake, nutrient timing, a variation of workouts, the benefits of posing, injury recovery and more. As usual, Ben makes an argument for eating the least amount necessary for growth and gives some great advice on when to fuel and refuel in relation to your times of exertion. We also get into supplements and the essentials for thriving and getting stronger and Ben offers some thoughts on how male and female bodies perform differently. A portion of the conversation is spent on how much attention to give each body part during a weekly training schedule and Ben shares some advice on getting back into the gym after a shoulder injury and why mobility should be your number one concern. For all this and then some, join us on the Muscle Intelligence Podcast today!
- Bulking, calories and how to think about how much you should be eating. [2:42]
- Fueling and refueling pre and post workouts and getting that pump! [10:03]
- When to switch up your sets and rep schemes. [15:34]
- Thinking about optimal amounts of training for a particular body per week. [20:10]
- Increasing your connection and engagement with your muscles through posing. [22:51]
- The different approaches Ben employs when training men and women. [25:55]
- Ben’s advice for coming back from a shoulder injury. [27:51]
- A selection of Ben’s best-advised supplements! [29:25]
- Ben’s thoughts on the next possible Olympia winner. [32:30]
- And much more!