Welcome back to the show everyone! Today we are doing our usual Q&A session with Ashleigh in the driving seat again. The episode starts off with some serious thoughts from Ben on the subjects of slumps and how our focus and conscious thought really define so much of our lives. A lot of the time we are shaped and directed by forces outside of ourselves and what makes it crazy is we do not even know this. Ben wants more people to regain that control and decision making in their for their own success! Ben and Ashleigh also think about different gym environments, getting outside and creating a perfect mental state for exercise before diving into learning, daily schedules and how to plow through difficult tasks. Ashleigh sets Ben the challenge of completing some popular personality tests to share with the listeners in the next episode which he has agreed to! Ben then shares his thoughts on how his introversion and need for quiet has led him to learn some shepherding communication skills that allow conversations to happen in more favorable ways. They then discuss creatine and Ben shares why he believes in it so strongly that he has already been feeding it to his children throughout their lives. Remember to visit our great sponsors, ButcherBox for your share of high-quality animal carcasses delivered to your door and use the code ‘MI40’ at checkout for a special discount! For all this and more from the dynamic duo, be sure to tune in!
- Outdoor exercise and gyms with grass flooring. [2:35]
- Some of the initial ideas that Ben wanted to implement at his gym. [5:09]
- The importance of uninterrupted focus in the gym and outside of it. [9:52]
- Slumps, depression, and anxiety; why aiming for external goals can ruin you. [11:53]
- Ben’s advice for continual learning and getting through big tasks. [33:18]
- Why Ben has not been so interested in enneagrams and personality tests. [39:02]
- Building rapport and matching energy levels and communication styles. [45:57]
- Ben’s thoughts on creatine and why he thinks it is essential for high functionality. [47:46]
- The celebration of animal carcasses that Ben is hosting in a few days! [52:30]
- And much more!
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- Dunning-Kruger Effect
- Eat That Frog
- Pumping Iron