In today’s solo Q&A episode, Ben dives into his personal experience with habit building as it relates to growing a lean, healthy physique as well as a healthy mindset. He talks about the common habits that lean, healthy, happy people have; how to avoid the trap of the obsessive mindset, where you chase arbitrary goals at the cost of your health and happiness; and tangible ways to approach sustainable habit building. If you enjoy this episode, please share with people who could benefit!
Thank you to our awesome show sponsor, makers of my favorite grassfed collagen and powdered MCT: BUBS, a company making just a few extremely high-quality products and giving back a whopping 10% of their sales to charity. I use their powdered collagen and MCT in my coffee every morning. Use the code BEN for a full 20% off your purchase at bubsnaaturals.com
- [00:41] My learning journey over the course of 20 years.
- [01:45] How I manage to maintain my body after retirement.
- [02:53] My experience with different coaches.
- [05:58] Impact of important internal body variables at biochemical level over external body.
- [08:38] Important factors to consider for body transformation.
- [10:09] Negative impacts of giving up.
- [11:41] Creating sustainable habits is the key to long-term transformation.
- [12:18] Two ultimate habits to fix your body transformation routine.
- [14:29] You Make Your Personal Identity.
- [16:44] What can you do to replace a negative habit.
- [20:10] How to change your negative workout emotions to gratefulness.
- [22:46] Difference between the identity that is created for you and the identity that you create for yourself.
- [25:00] How to use exercise as a tool to overcome stress.
- [26:04] Choosing your empowered version over the weaker version.
- [26:58] Growth & Greatness Exists Outside the Comfort Zone.
- [28:10] 2020 is an opportunity to Step Up.
- [30:43] Sponsorship.
Related Links/Products Mentioned