Welcome back to another episode everybody — recorded live in quarantine! It’s another Q&A since we know how much all of you need it right now. In this conversation, you can expect to hear Ben share a bunch of thoughts on everything from coaching and seafood to writing and meditation! We start off the chat talking about some misdirected thinking on calories and some better ways to go about the pursuit of weight-loss. The discussion turns to independent action and the ability to make changes without external structure before Ben and Ash think more deeply about designing your best life and working backward in order to do this. We also look at stretching and how this can take on a meditative and mindful quality, as you become more in touch with your muscles.
The meat of the episode is dedicated to advice for coaches, especially younger ones aiming to make an impression and progress in their work. Ben’s main thought here is to stay open to learning and maintain a sense of humbleness. If you are under 30, chances are you actually suck, so the sooner you can get that into your head, the sooner you will be able to move on and improve! To round things off we chat about seafood, writing out ideas, protein intake and some tips for quarantine life!
Remember to check out our great show sponsors, Billings Seafood for the best selection of fish and seafood in the world! Visit wildalaskanseafoodbox.com/ben, and get $20 off your order and free scallops!
- Realigning the way we think about calories and weight-loss. [0:25]
- Implementing purposeful change independently through awareness and action. [6:08]
- Designing your life and finding your deeper goals and purpose. [10:04]
- Quarantine stiffness; getting used to new patterns and routines. [15:19]
- The value of stretching and the meditative quality to lengthening muscles. [17:47]
- Ben’s tips for aspiring coaches and avoiding entitlement and a false sense of confidence. [22:31]
- The strength of youth and enthusiasm combined with an openness to learning. [28:01]
- Steps that young coaches can take to facilitate buy-in. [31:29]
- How Ben goes about creating a new document or learning resource. [34:47]
- Good over best; getting ideas down and making things happen. [40:03]
- Nutritional benefits of fish and Ben’s story of growing to love eating it. [43:22]
- Methods for simple, delicious preparation of salmon, Ben style! [48:41]
- Ash’s new dehydrator and why she is so excited about using it during quarantine. [50:30]
- Healthy amounts of protein according to your unique body and workout routine. [51:34]
- Fish oil, content production and more! Quick-fire questions from the live session. [55:04]
- Ben’s yoga practice and his favorite style to engage with. [59:16]
Related Links/Products Mentioned