We often talk about the idea of objective versus subjective living on the podcast and our guest today is such a great example of someone acting in the most objective way possible, zeroing in on a goal and then chasing that relentlessly. Kris Gethin is the founder and CEO of Kaged Muscle, a supplement company bringing you the most natural and healthy things you need in your diet. Kris is also a coach and trainer of the highest order, helping his clients reach beyond their natural potential to amazing heights. In our conversation today, we get into the discipline that bodybuilding can instill in the human mind, staying on course to achieve huge goals and the challenge of staying motivated after achieving them.
Kris unpacks his thoughts on the part that a coach should play in a client’s life, what fear means to him these days and why offering value to those around you will take you that much further in all your pursuits. We also get into the topics of integrity and intention and talk about building a business that resonates with your own values as well as those of your clients. We finish off this great conversation talking about Kris’ own fitness routines, his aspirations for the future and where he wants to take his company in the next year.
We have an amazing new sponsor for the show today, handpicked by Ben, due to his massive respect for the company and their founder. Billings Seafood Guys offer incredible seafood packages of the highest quality and if you use the code ‘BEN’ at checkout you will get $20 off your first order. So head over to wildalaskanseafoodbox.com/ben and check it all out!
- Optimizing all areas of life; the benefits of the discipline developed in bodybuilding. [7:53]
- Kris’ philosophy for setting targets and staying on track to hit them. [10:54]
- Advice for maintaining a commitment to objectives despite relative comfort. [14:43]
- The actual role of a coach; the lighthouse in the storm. [20:35]
- Kris’ experiences of carrying on through discomfort and pain. [26:04]
- The meaning of fear to Kris and how he faces it as he gets older. [30:09]
- Offering value to brands and associates instead of asking for a deal from them. [34:19]
- Integrity and intention; building a heart-centered business for better sleep! [39:40]
- Kris’ motivation and method for starting his company and selecting products to offer. [40:58]
- Experimentation with the carnivore diet and where Kris is currently at with his training. [43:45]
- Looking to the future with Kaged Muscle and their new products. [46:37]
Related Links/Products Mentioned