According to the NIH, 8 out of 10 people are affected by back pain at some point in their lives…
I’ve seen it in those who are quite sedentary, as well as in my most high-performing, active clients.
As with most problems, however, there is an effective framework and process that can lead to a solution. And, so, I went to see the world’s foremost expert in assessing, diagnosing, and treating back pain…
Today on the Muscle Intelligence Podcast, I’m joined by Dr. Stuart McGill, who is THE go-to expert for high performers who experience back pain, and for the most difficult cases of back pain.
Dr. McGill spent 30 years as a professor at the University of Waterloo, where he is a distinguished professor emeritus. His laboratory and experimental research clinic investigated issues related to the causal mechanisms of back pain, how to rehabilitate back-pained people and enhance both injury resilience and performance.
Dr. McGill now operates as the Chief Science Officer of his BackFitPro Inc. clinic, where I was lucky enough to record this in-person interview.
We discuss everything from the affect of muscle hypertrophy on joints, to the different pain patterns that present in various sports and activities (and how to address them), to the mindset of elite athletes…
If you (like me), are fascinated by how the human body works – this one’s for you.
- The Mechanics of Muscle Hypertrophy and Effects on Joints
- How the Mindset of Elite Athletes Affects Pain and Performance
- What is Required of the Spine in Different Sport Settings
- How Spinal Joint Architecture Aids in Specific Activities
- How to Understand Pain Triggers to Navigate and Manage Back Pain
Learn more from Dr. Stuart McGill:
Please support our sponsors:
- BiOptimizers MagBreakthrough is one of my top two favorite, staple supplements. What’s the second one? BiOptimizers MassZymes. Get 10% off these fantastic products at magbreakthrough.com/muscleintelligence and masszymes.com/muscle – OR use code MUSCLE10 to get 10% off their entire product line.
Don’t forget to pick up your free copy of the episode guide at muscleintelligence.com/learn.
P.S. If you’re a man over 35 looking for a simple, effective and personalized plan to help you look, feel and perform better than you did in your 20s, click here to learn more about our upcoming programs.