It’s Dr. Ben Bikman’s third time on the Muscle Intelligence Podcast, and with good reason: Dr. Bikman’s knowledge of human metabolism is matched by few. He is among the world’s foremost scientists on metabolic health and insulin resistance. Much of Dr. Bikman’s recent lab work is focused on the pathogenicity of chronically elevated insulin.
On today’s interview, Dr. Bikman breaks down the mechanisms behind optimizing the process of fat loss, debunks macronutrient myths, and reveals the truth about aging well.
- The MOST IMPORTANT fuel for the brain (and how to produce it in your body).
- Where the calories in/calories out model of weight loss can be invoked.
- The macronutrient you should prioritize at every meal, to optimize body composition.
- A simple, immediate lever you can pull to manage insulin levels.
- The ultimate longevity myths and the KEY to supporting your health as you age.
Learn more from Dr. Bikman:
Ned’s CBD is of the utmost highest quality. These products are science-backed, nature-based solutions that offer an alternative to prescription and over-the-counter drugs. Ned’s full spectrum hemp oil nourishes the body’s endocannabinoid system to offer functional support for stress, sleep, inflammation and balance.
Kapex boosts AMPK (an enzyme that promotes energy production) in muscles by 52% and fat cells by 300%. It also ups ATP in your liver by 22%, which makes the liver better at ketogenesis and detoxification. Kapex also works well to reduce “keto flu,” activates anti-aging pathways, and can help with fat loss in tandem with diet and nutrition.