This podcast is brought to you by BiOptimizers our digestion expert sponsors upgrade your digestion for optimal recovery and better nutrient uptake with MassZymes. Get 23-45% off plus an additional 10% off and 1 free bottle of HCL Breakthrough when you checkout the MassZymes here.
This podcast is brought to you by Gasp! Top notch quality training wear, Muscle Expert approved training gear!
Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher Radio!
Love the podcast? Leave a review in iTunes!
Who would you like Ben to interview? Tell us here!
Ben’s new go to mobility guy Dean Somerset, joins Ben on the Muscle expert podcast today to break down how to optimize active range of motion, specific drills and assessments you can use for shoulder and hip mobility, how to upgrade your mobility training for great gains and pain free training and more. This episode is full of actionable strategies for taking your training and results to the next level.
In this Episode:
- 4:00 – The greatest cause of injury for most people training.
- 6:45 – The paradox of mobility v flexibility.
- 09:25 – Assessing active ROM for your shoulders, how to tell what limitations you have.
- 13: 36 – Improving active range of motion. What works and what doesn’t
- 17: 20 – What’s missing from your mobility program
- 19:55- Eccentric, isometric and concentric when to use each and why for optimizing mobility.
- 21:55 – Pulse stretching for controlling joint position.
- 25:20 – How to tell if you’re activating the right muscles and joints at home.
- 26:55 – Tempo for mobility work. How to focus.
- 30:50 – Fixing rounded shoulders, the first line of attack.
- 37:00 – Vacuums for carbs. The mean but effective way to get competitors to practice their posing more dick move
- 43:20 – Dean’s pre training mobility checklist. Mcgill’s Big 3. Assessment sets.
- 45:12 – How to fix your squat form when you shift at the bottom. Fixing the butt wink.
- 55:32 – Why the front of your hips hurt at the bottom of the squat and how to fix it.
- 58:00 – Nutrition, supplements and how it affects mobility.
- 59:30 – The surprising supplement that moved the needle the most.
- 1:03:45 – Books from Dean’s library.
- 1:06:30 – Favorite cheat foods, valuable lessons for his kids.
- 1:10:00 – Dean’s seminar coming up this year.