This podcast is brought to you by BiOptimizers our digestion expert sponsors upgrade your digestion for optimal recovery and better nutrient uptake with MassZymes. Get 23-45% off plus an additional 10% off and 1 free bottle of HCL Breakthrough when you checkout the MassZymes here.
This podcast is brought to you by Gasp! Top notch quality training wear, Muscle Expert approved training gear!
Love the podcast? Leave a review in iTunes!
Who would you like Ben to interview? Tell us here!
The CEO and founder of the cutting edge company FitnessGenes joins Ben to discuss how to interpret DNA, genetic traits and how you can possibly influence your genetics for greater hypertrophy, testosterone, strength, endurance and much more.
“Dan is a trained medical doctor (MBChB) with a BSc in Human Anatomy. His responsibilities within FitnessGenes are split between work in Los Angeles as well as the UK. He is a certified personal trainer and has previously worked as a Science Editor for Muscle & Fitness and Flex magazine in the UK, Europe and Australia.”
Dan was kind enough to leave the viewers of the Muscle Expert podcast with a huge discount!
Use Discount Code BENPAK25 for 25% off
As a special from Dr. Dan himself for those who purchase a DNA Kit using the discount code above Dr. Dan will personally walk them through their results on a phone call
- Can you measure your ability to push through pain? Can this be determined with genetic testing?
- The key genes that influence muscular hypertrophy.
- Understanding the genetics of testosterone.
- Nature vs Nurture how big of a factor does genetics play in muscle hypertrophy?
- AVR1B -The gene for muscle strength. Ben’s results.
- How your genetics influences dietary fat intake, and what the type of fats you should you consume?
- 4:30 The birth of FitnessGenes and Dan’s medical background and history.
- 10:30 The best array product on the market.
- 12:30 Can you measure your ability push through pain? Can this be determined with genetic testing?
- 14:00 What are the major gene SNP’s you need to pay attention? Which gene SNP’s impact your health and training performance the most?
- 15:35 Specific gene SNP’s that reflect what you know about yourself for a fact.
- 17:48 Nature vs Nurture how big of a factor does genetics play?
- 21:30 Ben’s gene SNP’s for endurance. The ACE endurance gene snip explained.
- 24:40 AVR1B -The gene for muscle and strength. Ben’s results.
- 26:45 Specific genes that influence muscular hypertrophy.
- 29:50 Eating habits and your genes. What the science says.
- 37:09 APO2 and APO5 and how they influence your ability to digest saturated fat.
- 39:10 Carbohydrate metabolism and the specific genes to look into.
- 45:00 Understanding the genetics of testosterone.
- 54:20 Ben’s 4 Step process to hacking your testosterone.
- 56:05 The future of FitnessGenes. Epigenetics and teaching people how to influence their own genes.
- 1:00:30 The best way to upgrade your physique.