Get 23-45% off plus an additional 10% off and 1 free bottle of HCL Breakthrough when you checkout the MassZymes here.
This podcast is brought to you by Gasp! Top notch quality training wear, Muscle Expert approved training gear!
Code “11PAK” 11% off the entire Kabuki Strength Store:
Use Code “onemonthfree” for a 1-month free trial to www.kabuki.ms, our subscription movement library.
Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher Radio!
Love the podcast? Leave a review in iTunes!
Who would you like Ben to interview? Tell us here!
Known as the “Mad Scientist of Strength” Chris Duffin joins Ben on the Muscle Expert Podcast today for an extremely insightful episode! Chris shares the story of his very challenging beginnings, growing up homeless in Northern California and eastern Oregon, graduating valedictorian and his success as a corporate executive and athlete. Ben and Chris also dissect the necessary cues for mastering the squat and improving stabilization for better execution for all exercises, whiskey and deadlifts, the road to a 1000 pound deadlift and MORE!
In This Episode
- 5:50 – The myth of balance, pushing extremes and avoiding mediocrity
- 08:48 – Brining your game face and the best online resource for getting ridiculously strong safely.
- 11:40 – Growing up homeless and living outdoors to graduating valedictorian and an all state athlete.
- 24:00 – Going from successful business professional to the top of the powerlifting ranks.
- 27:00 – Squatting 4x bodyweight, ammonia and grade 3 hamstring tear
- 30:00 – The best way to squat, neural output, and core stabilization
- 32:20 – The highest cost of healthcare in America that you can control.
- 35:00 – Key squat cues to master for a better squat, intra abdominal pressure and more.
- 36:20 – Cueing the diaphragm and generating more stability for putting up better numbers.
- 45:00 – The eastern bloc mentality for improving and adapting.
- 47:00 – The 1000 deadlift progression.
- 1:00:00 – Stretching and mobility and improving the depths on your squats,
- 1:01:00 – The velocity profiling session
- 1:04:30 – How to incorporate mobility work and hitting your squat depth. The static stretching myth?
- 1:09:00 – Best cues for teaching core stability and the ShouldeRok
- 1:18:00 – Stabilization for hypertrophy
- 1:22:00 – Accessory work, bent over rows and stabilization during the transition
- 1:24:30 – Whiskey and Deadlifts
- 1:30:20 – Nutrition for recovery and eating with awareness.
- 1:31:00 – Caffeine naps pre training for more energy, post workout recovery from high intensity training.