IFBB Pro and founder of Dynamik Muscle, Kai Greene joins Ben on Muscle Expert Podcast today. Kai shares his early childhood experiences that fueled his massive drive and work ethic in the gym which lead to his success on the bodybuilding stage. Ben and Kai breakdown how journaling, meditation and other activities changed his life and career, what his most focused and intense days were like leading up to the 2009 Arnold Classic, what effort and hardwork really is, his meditation practice and much more!
Love the podcast? Leave a review in Itunes!
In this Episode:
- 2:58 The presence of a large possibility. Kai’s early personal discoveries.
- 4:30 The key question that sat on Kai’s mind as a young bodybuilder.
- 7:20 The isolation unit story and how bodybuilding became an outlet.
- 9:30 The best lessons from the hardest times
- 13:14 Becoming your most powerful ally or biggest enemy and harnessing the power of your thoughts.
- 14:59 What hard work really is, and the biggest misconception of effort in the gym.
- 17:00 Having a focus and a why to drive to your intentions.
- 19:40 Kai’s burning “why”
- 22:45 His journaling routine before his breakout year.
- 25:30 Breaking personal limitations and his biggest mental breakthrough.
- 30:00 Kai’s daily routine.
- 34:00 The chronicles of King Kai
- 40:15 The myth of balance.
- 44:00 Meditation practice, the one thing Kai never does in the gym.
- 46:30 Journal notes from The Arnold 2009 prep.
- 50:15 Kai’s intentions for 2017.
- 53:30 The one thing most people miss about achieving goals.
- 58:00 Showing vs telling
- 59:10 Kai’s favorite city, room, restaurant, cheat meal, superhero.
- 1:01:45 Biggest inspirations in Kai’s life.
- 1:03:00 The advice that Kai would give to his younger self.
Resources Mentioned In The Episode:
People Mentioned In The Episode:
FOLLOW KAI GREENE
- Website- https://officialkaigreene.com/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/officialkaigreene/
- Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/user/KaiGreeneOfficial
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/KaiGreene
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/kaigreene/?hl=en